Does your garage door create a loud sound during opening and closing? These squeaky and loud sounds can be annoying. A noisy garage door can be a nuisance to both you and your neighborhood. It is especially bothersome if you have a living room above or near the garage. The best way to avoid the disturbance of noisy garage doors is to perform regular garage door maintenance services. Visit the link https://www.acegaragedoorrepairhouston.com/ to get more information about garage door services.
People neglect garage door services until it is too late. If you don’t want to disturb anyone around you, you will need to fix the problems when you first experience them. Luckily, it is extremely easy to reduce the sounds with some simple techniques that you can apply on your own. All you need to get started with the following products:
- Silicone spray
- Any high-quality lubricant
- A ladder
- And a cotton rag
- Always use caution while standing on a ladder to access out-of-range areas. Closely check all the moving hardware of the garage door. Try to find out the debris and dirt stuck on the rollers and tracks. These obstructions can cause friction and vibration. The friction created between the dirty rollers and tracks may result in squeaking sounds. Also, worn-out and dry running components can cause excessive sounds.
- Apply the grease on the tracks. Spread it properly to avoid friction. You can also use any good-quality silicone spray for this purpose. It is not suggested to use a WD-40 because it attracts more dirt and grease and works as a degreaser. Garage door parts need properly oiling but WD-40 could defeat the objective.
- To ensure the proper oiling of garage door parts, open and close the garage door multiple times to distribute the grease evenly. Wipe out the excess grease from garage door parts. It will ensure that no extra oil will drip on the floor of the garage door or onto your car. It will also protect you from other problems.
- Use a good quality silicone spray to lubricate the chain and springs. The chains can be found in the opener and motor. They are fully and partially oiled. The garage door springs are found at the top of the garage door near the motor. They also need proper oiling. Your garage door should not be squeaky for smooth operations. It should open and close quietly and smoothly.
If you are not using your garage door to avoid the embarrassment of loud sounds, follow the above-mentioned steps to get quiet and smooth garage door operations. Normally, some simple troubleshooting techniques will be beneficial to stop the sounds. However, if you still experience the sounds, it may be a time to call a professional garage door expert.